Wednesday 18 October 2017

The Sawmill Project

I origionaly decided to build a mill after seeing one by Australian Modeler Laurie Green.
http://www.lauriegreensweb.com/Driwrott%203/Driwrott%203.html

Although my mill now doesn't resemble my source of inspiration his mill and plans formed the base for the size of my model. This was a few years ago now and about 6 months ago I made a start and made a bulk order of of strip wood.

The past few nights I have had some inspiration to work on my sawmill project. after our local show where i had the opportunity to meet a few people who have inspired me over the years.  Nice of the narrow gauge crowd to make the trip to Tasmania last weekend!

I'm still well away from finishing this project but the diorama base and mill floor is well under way.




No comments:

Post a Comment