Tuesday 17 October 2017

Detail Castings

I have been working on some detail castings for various dioramas. A selection below of my Ho castings made from my own masters using old watch gears and other bits and pieces.


These castings are made with 2 part resin cast in silicone rubber molds. Now that they are undercoated it is time to do some painting.


Two old boiler parts made from brass or styrene tube with rivet decals added before making the molds. The brickwork on the furnace is cast in hydrocal and hand carved. 

The stricture in this image is based on Sierra West Scale Models Railroad camp that I am attempting to scratch build my own version.

Another image from the other end of the building with some of my castings laid out pondering their location and building a scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment